In the Program for Entrepreneurs (P4E), undergraduate, graduate and professional students form multidisciplinary teams to explore potential markets for an innovation, evaluate the viability of a business model, develop strategies for bringing it to market and launching a new commercial or social venture – all in a structured participatory learning environment. This initiative is the capstone of Fuqua’s entrepreneurship educational offerings and is open to all university students. It leverages Fuqua’s academic research, courses and broad community of practitioners to work with entrepreneurs to define, plan, establish and finance new ventures.
Watch our video introducing the Program for Entrepreneurs
Three ways for faculty and students to get involved
- I want to lead a project – This is a good option if you want to participate in the program as one of the lead students.
- Join our Startup Matchmaker Directory. Here you can submit your personal profile and summarize your business idea.
- Pitch your idea at the Kickoff Event; or if you have “Problem Area” you want to analyze, pitch that.
- Get admitted into the Program for Entrepreneurs for the first course, New Ventures 1: Opportunity Evaluation
- I want to join a team – this is a good option if you want an entrepreneurial experience, but are most likely going to get a job elsewhere
- I have an idea for a startup
- If you have an idea, fill out the Startup Matchmaker Directory. This will be viewed by all students
- In July, we’ll connect interested students to you
- Being a project in the Program is at the discretion of the project lead selecting you, and the Advisory Group admitting that project
What to expect
The Kickoff Event in mid-July will be an opportunity to learn more about the program, hear about what other teams are up to and to share your ideas with others. The Startup Matchmaker Event in late September will enable teams to finalize their membership, including an industry mentor. In September the Advisory Group will select the venture teams to be admitted into the first course in the P4E series. Successfully admitted teams will work on evaluating the idea, developing and strategy and launching the venture over the following 18 months.
Keeping in touch
- Fuqua Entrepreneurship Class of 2019 mailing list
- Grad and Professional student mailing list
- Undergraduate student mailing list
- P4E Facebook Group