The Director’s Picks – April 2010
Here’s the April installment of Ford Library Director, Meg Trauner’s selections of five recent business books recommended to Fuqua Dean Blair Sheppard.
Click the titles below for information on location and availability.
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis. W. W. Norton, 2010.
Entertaining portrayal of market skeptics who profited from the financial meltdown.
- Checklist Manifesto: How to get things right by Atul Gawande. Metropolitan Books, 2009.
Simple checklists can improve the practice of medicine and other complex situations.
- Chief Culture Officer: How to create a living breathing corporation by Grant McCracken. Basic Books, 2009.
Reading cultural trends is profitable for business, and the skill can be taught.
- On the Brink: Inside the race to stop the collapse of the global financial system by Henry M. Paulson, Jr. Business Plus, 2010.
Day-by-day account of how Paulson etc worked to save the financial system during the meltdown.
- Switch: How to change things when change is hard by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. Broadway Books, 2010.
Change is complicated by the disjunction between our rational and emotional minds.
© Meg Trauner & Ford Library – Fuqua School of Business.
All rights reserved.