Are you graduating or just heading out soon for the summer and worried about paying library fines? May 1st through May 12th, the Ford Library will waive one overdue library fine* for each “shelfie” you post to Instagram or Facebook, up to five fine waives total.
1 Snap a “shelfie,” i.e. a book-related photo. It could be of a favorite book or place to read, a “book face,” or a photo featuring the Ford Library and/or its collections.
2. Post the photo to your Instagram account or to Ford Library’s Facebook page with #fordlibraryshelfie
3. Send us an email to let us know you have posted it.
Please note: Your Instagram profile must be set to public during the promotion so that we can see your photo and we have to approve posts to our Facebook page before they will appear.
1. All Duke University students are eligible to participate.
2. Each photo must be tagged #fordlibraryshelfie and posted between Monday, May 1st and Friday, May 12th, 2017. Your photo(s) may be shared, copied, and used in Ford Library promotional material.
3. A maximum of five overdue fine waives total will be allowed per student during the promotion.
4. * Waives apply to overdue fines incurred in the last 6 months (from November 2016 – April 2017) only.
5. * Waives will not apply to items that have not yet been returned, for fines that were incurred at other Duke University Libraries, or for recall fines (where another patron was waiting for the overdue item). This promotion is in addition to our existing one-time waive policy.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org